Sunday, October 14, 2007

don't be fooled by the sheetrock that I've got


last weekend we started the studio overhaul... clearing everything out & bringing in itchy, prickly insulation! this weekend we put up all the sheetrock and finished all the mudding!! I am kicking myself for not taking 'before' pictures of the terrible bare studs to compare to the incredibly lovely 'after' pictures (which are surely quite a ways down the road).

in the middle of all this chaos (sheetrock dust & fiberglass bits raining down) I had to put on a dust mask and clear a little space to print. those masks are so terrible...

I ended up in the hospital (after 24+ hours at home) when in labor with ocean (almost twelve years ago) & had to wear an oxygen mask for hours to help his little heart. I remember the weird, hot, trapped feeling of the mask vividly and couldn't help thinking back to that day... of course once we unwrapped the umbilical cord from his tiny neck (five times!) he was just fine. now he is all big and cool, and was a great assistant this weekend.

I've somehow got to get the place cleaned up and organized (at least a little bit) in time to finish printing 2008 calendars -




No comments: